Bilingual Case Manager (CASAC / CASAC-T)
- - OP Bronx
- Bronx, NY, USA
- Full Time
FUNCTION: To provide comprehensive clinical case management services that include: assessments, discharge planning, group and family treatment, treatment plan coordination, referent relations, and interventions with client support systems including social service programs and managed care reviewers. Duties also include psych-educational didactic presentation on chemical dependency and crisis intervention and resolution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties as required.
1. Conducts continuous bio-psychosocial assessments of assigned patients for diagnostic evaluation, and documents impressions in the medical record.
2. Coordinates the development and implementation of the multidisciplinary treatment plan, with treatment team. Coordinates treatment plan review and performs these activities within established time frames. Documents patient progress and clinical intervention in the case record.
3. Engages the patient in the treatment plan process, utilizing patient input into the treatment plan and finalizing the plan with the patient. Appropriate signatures secured to confirm the process.
4. Provides individual, group and family / significant other counseling as identified in the patient treatment plans and as requested by the clinical director. Documents same in the electronic case record according to OASAS and JCAHO regulations and standards.
5. Coordinates treatment services with collateral agencies, performs utilization review, documents progress reports in a timely fashion, develops and discusses aftercare plans with referring persons / agencies, EAPs, managed care / insurance entities and Liberty Management regional representatives.
6. Obtains urine specimens for urine toxicologies, forwards to lab, tracks and documents same in case record.
7. Participates in facility program, attends staff meetings. Presents difficult diagnostic cases at weekly case conference meetings, documenting dispositions in case record.
8. Participates in facility Performance Improvement activities related to position and as requested by clinical director.
9. Responds to emergency situations in the facility by following appropriate procedures for ensuring patient safety during emergency procedures.
10. Performs crisis intervention and problem resolution for patients in need. Coordinates efforts with treatment staff and documents same in the case record.
- Provides outreach by telephone contact and/or letter format to those patients absent from program and documents efforts in the case record.
- Provides psycho-education services by conducting didactic presentation relating to recovery from additions and related topics.
13. Supervises interns under the direction of the clinical director.
14. Maintains professional licensure and competence in discipline and treatment specialty areas through continuing education and supervision.
15. Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NA
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
NY State CASAC or Master's Degree in Social Work or related field.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety procedures, rules, codes, regulations and policy manuals. Must be able to speak effectively before groups of referents, clients, and employees of our organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be able to maintain high degree of confidentiality. Ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced environment and manage time accordingly in order to meet deadlines and requirements of the organization.
JOB TITLE: OUT PATIENT CASE MGR CASAC-NYC
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of those jobs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fast-paced, deadline oriented, confidential department. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.