AA- Maintenance Technician
- - Maintenance
- Carmel , NY, USA
- Full Time
Arms Acres in Carmel, NY is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join the Facilities team in Carmel, NY. To assist in achieving safety, maintenance, improvements and operations of buildings and plant equipment by carrying out a work plan developed to provide corrective, predictive and preventative maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks on all plant equipment per work order assignments
- Performs corrective maintenance to equipment as assigned by work orders
- Performs facility repairs as assigned by work orders
- Reports any life safety, or unsafe conditions that he/she may notice to supervisor
- Sets up and breaks down any equipment needed for special events
- Checks patient and staff electrical equipment to ensure it is safe to use
- Installs any new equipment as required
- Duties performed will comply with all applicable regulatory requirements
- Maintains all tools/equipment in proper working order
- Garbage removal as assigned
- Maintain grounds, sweeps walks, rake leaves, cut grass, snow and other incidental seasonal tasks as required
- Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent; or up to 5 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in plant operations at a health care facility. Valid Driver's License. Fluently read and write English. Ability to understand and execute verbal instructions. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
We offer competitive wages and benefits in a supportive working environment.
Background checks, pre-employment & drug screenings required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability