AA- Family Program Assistant
- - Activities
- Carmel, NY, USA
- Full Time
Arms Acres in Carmel, NY is looking for a part-time Family Program Assistant to provide support in the coordination and facilitation of our family program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet and greet patients and family members
- Register family members, following all security protocol
- Conduct didactic presentations involving the impact of chemical dependency on the family through demonstration of genograms, including:
- Identifying patterns of addiction and compulsive behaviors,
- Assisting families in creating their own family genogram,
- Demonstrating through role play the ways in which family members adapt to the addiction utilizing the Wegscheider-Cruz model,
- Roleplaying families fears during active addiction and recovery tools available to family members.
- Educate family program participants the importance of recovery support, such as maintaining a drug and alcohol free home.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or CASAC; minimum of one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Knowledge of the Family System Orientation in individual and family psychology
- Substance Abuse Experience preferred
- Experience with Adolescents preferred
We offer competitive wages and benefits in a supportive working environment.
Background checks, pre-employment & drug screenings required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability