AA - Assistant Director of Nursing
- - Arms Acres
- Carmel, NY, USA
- Full Time
FUNCTION: Responsible and accountable for the clinical practice, patient care standards, established nursing systems and the management of fiscal, personnel and environmental resources of the Nursing Division.
Demonstrates knowledge and competency in the performance of waive testing through training, updated knowledge of the manufacturers manuals, and annual observation of routine work by the supervisor or a delegate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Plan, organize and direct nursing systems to support clinical practice.
2. Participate in setting standards for patient care and nursing practice in a defined clinical area, inclusive of establishing, implementing and monitoring facility wide performance improvement projects.
3. Establish, evaluate and monitor priorities for patient care utilizing patient acuity levels or changes in patient status.
4. Coordinate periodic review to measure and document quality of care rendered in defined clinical area.
5. Prepare and/or contribute input of job performance appraisal of employees assigned to the unit.
6. Participate in direct and indirect (guiding) patient care activities utilizing the nursing process.
7. Perform advanced clinical skills as defined in specific clinical area of practice.
8. Knowledgeable of complex multi-system disease processes. Make accurate observations and correctly interpret these observations to institute appropriate action/nursing intervention.
9. Oversee and supervise utilization review staff.
10. Identify needs for staff development programs relative to area of clinical practice. Assist in implementing programs.
11. Assist in the orientation of new employees in defined clinical area of assignment. Assume responsibility of providing feedback to Director of Nursing or orientees progress and/or needs.
12. Establish and maintain positive and effective relationships and communications with the clinical and medical staff members, patients and families, and the community at large.
13. Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives.