AA- Housekeeper/ Laundry Attendant
- - Housekeeping
- Carmel, NY, USA
- Full Time
Arms Acres is seeking highly motivated individuals to join their housekeeping staff. The function of this job is to perform the day-to-day housekeeping functions necessary to achieve the goal of a clean healthy environment.
Full-time and part-time opportunities available!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Performs all duties associated with housekeeping functions as defined by facility policies and procedures
- Works in main laundry as instructed
- Cleans and restocks housekeeping carts at the end shift
- Maintains equipment in good working condition
- Informs maintenance of any equipment problems
- Attends all in-service educations that are required for your department
- Participates in all fire and disaster drills according to appropriate facility procedures ensuring patient safety
- Must be sensitive and responsive to patient's/resident's requests, needs and rights
- Attends to any emergency that arises, making the area safe and secure
- Reports any life safety and unsafe condition that he/she may notice to appropriate personnel
- Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent; or up to 3 years related experience
- Fluently read and write English
- Availability for weekend coverage as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer competitive wages, benefits, and a pension plan in a supportive working environment.
Background checks, pre-employment & drug screenings required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability